Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm always able

I just don't always feel like it.

So, I went to my good friend Jill's Party Lite party last night. It was fun, a nice get away - as most of those little direct sales gatherings are. The only bad thing about it, I always end up wanting stuff.

I got home after 9 and Kyle & I started working on his second version of his Illumination Poem for English. When he first brought up the assignment last Friday, I had no idea what it was. He did his first version in Power Point format, which was nice. I was watching him work & wondered if we could do the very same thing with Windows Movie Maker and make it 10 times cooler. I made my mom a slide show video for her 60th Birthday party, so I was familiar with the program. I also made my friend Jill a video for her mom. This is what Kyle & I made last night (a poem called "Volunteer" by Elbridge Jefferson Cutler):




It took us 2 and a half hours - good thing Wednesday is a late start. Had he worked entirely alone, it would have taken him a lot longer. I wish I'd have been able to do cool shit like that in high school. I really love making the videos. One day, when I have a million hours to upload my mom's video, I'll post it. It's right around 25 minutes long, so it takes a long time to upload.

On to the task at hand... Did I accomplish everything on my list yesterday? Yes, I did. The only thing I didn't do was finish my laundry entirely. I wasn't home in the evening, so I didn't have the kids put their clothes away. They are folded!!! That's for today. A bad side effect of doing this, I do the things I list, yet find myself neglecting some other things I need to do because...I don't feel like it. Yesterday was a busier kind of day & I was addled by lack of sleep. I am a bit of an insomniac. Any normal person would think hey, why not do the stuff when you can't sleep, well, I surely would if I wasn't so damned wiped out.

I started my blog redesign & I am far from finished. I just wanted to get something different up here. I like this layout. I am going to do my own background & I have a new header in the works. Very similar to the one that's here, just with more updated & more pics.

The man didn't have to work last night, so we hung out together after the poem was finished & 7:am comes really fast - but it seems to come even quicker when you go to sleep around 4:am.

The whole purpose of doing this, for me, is to get back to a place where I feel like I'm really doing the things I expect of myself. The past year or so (maybe longer) I don't feel like I'm living up to my own expectations. For example - if someone dropped by my house today, out of the blue, I'd be ashamed to let them in. My house isn't gross, by any stretch, but it isn't clean the way I like my clean. That said, I used to take care & it used to be important. In the grand scheme of things - perfect house upkeep isn't on my list of top 10 things I think are necessary for a great life. It's something I could see putting off for more important things - like spending good times with the kids & what-not, having a lazy day with the dock man because we don't get to spend enough time together.

Today:

Clean the kitchen (desperately in need of sweeping & mopping)
Take out the bathroom garbage (okay, so not a big deal, but I like to wait until aunt flo leaves before I empty the ick)

Oh yeah, I have to wash the covers for my sofa cushions. The brilliant Kyle was eating his cereal on the sofa & the baby (kitten) jumped into his lap. After he spent 10 minutes trying to wipe up the milk (impossible) I told him to take off the cover. I had to let him, at least, try. After I dropped them at school, I'm looking around for the tv remote. Lo & behold I find it under one of the back cushions dripping with milk. Lovely. I stripped the other cushion & wonder if the remote will work again...ever. It's a directv remote & those things are not cheap.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Good luck on that list:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for The Life and Crimes of a Mom