Monday, June 20, 2011

Dreaming

I don't often remember my dreams. It seems I dream more when I sleep little. If I take an afternoon nap, then I wake with a bit of scenery in my mind.

This morning, I woke up to massive claps of thunder shaking my house. The power going out & everything beeping in the short instant it came back on. The kids followed suit, waking from the thunder. The big kid told me that one bolt of lightning was so close he could see sparks emanating from it. The thunder that followed was deafening and rumbled all of us.

Very early this morning, the sky awoke pink, well, more than the sky - the air in between was tinted pink. I kinda had the feeling the weather would be hard today. Before I went to bed, it looked a little orange out there. When the storm woke us, it was green outside. That scary greenish hue that makes one think tornado! There was none here, good thing. I did have a very hard time going back to sleep.

Then, when I woke up, I was feeling the dream. It was Helen. & it's odd - I've heard people speak of some dreams being visits. I think this may have been & I'm wishing I could remember more of it. I felt like it was just her being Helen. We were talking & she was laughing and I was laughing & it was comfortable, nice. Maybe it was the last conversation we never got to have. It was good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for The Life and Crimes of a Mom