Friday, May 29, 2009

Interesting week

My kids have all of next week left of school with Friday being a half day. Then I'm committed for the rest of the summer, literally. ;) While I look forward to summer, I can't help but think this one might turn out to be tougher. 8 & 14 fight like cats & dogs often. 14 is always doing little things to antagonize 8. ALWAYS. I guess he loves to hear the screeches & whines that come out of 8's mouth, even though he's constantly complaining about it.

The week was interesting because the dynamic between the older 2 has gotten worse. I'm thinking for the earliest part of the summer, they will both be spending much time in separate rooms.

My niece & nephew are here for the weekend, both for the first time in a long time. My 2 youngest are stoked! 8 keeps telling me "I love my cousins!".

14 & my nephew are participating in an overnight air-soft war. 14 has been looking forward to this weekend for over a month. I know when he gets home from school he'll be an impatient wreck. He's done these air soft wars several times & the last big one had around 80 kids. The family that hosts these things is a good family with at least 2 acres, so there's plenty of room for it. I know it'll be something he's talking about long after it's over.

1 comment:

O'Neal (The Woman In Charge Around Here) said...

I am already over summer vacay 2 weeks into it! Maybe if I felt better it'd be different...thank goodness my sister bought the new DS's for a gett'n outta 4th grade gift, very convenient for lay on the couch Mommy ;).

I wore my magical (they seriously are!! All kinds of cool stuff happens to me when I wear them!) pink earrings to the Dr's the other day and EVERY nurse that saw them wanted them!!! They couldn't believe they were hand made! I need like some biz cards or sumth'n for your Etsy shop!!!

Good luck with all the chaps!

Miss you! XOXO

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for The Life and Crimes of a Mom