Instead, I'm opting for this prompt - 10 tv shows you'd like to see make a comeback. I hope I can come up with 10. I watch so much tv now & I did as a kid, you'd think it would be easy. Of course, we can mention cancelled shows from recent times, too. I just don't know if I want to admit to watching some of them. ;)
10. Early Edition - in a better developed environment, the show may have lasted longer. I liked the concept of the show & wouldn't mind seeing it back on tv - maybe with different actors, though.
9. The Muppet Show! I'd love to see it in its original format & see the writing the way it was back then. Are there writers like that still in existence? I don't think the show would go over like it did back then, though. I guess people quit watching for a reason.
8. Soap! I loved, loved, loved Soap! It was one of the funniest shows on tv at the time. I was never really a fan of soap operas (by choice - except for a short stint when I had a job outside my home, it was forced, though...shhhh!) and I loved that Soap parodied them. It was awesome & I was young - even then I understood what they were doing.
7. ER because I miss it terribly! It was one of my favorite shows & it never let me down.
6. I read that Fox cancelled Lie To Me. I am a huge Tim Roth fan, the role of Dr. Cal Lightman was perfection for him. I liked the concept of the show. I'm not sure why they cancelled it since the ratings were good. Maybe they ran out of ideas?
5. Six Feet Under - if only for the deaths at the beginning. They were(and still are) always my favorite start to any show ever. The show itself was just awesome. The story lines, the characters. I really enjoyed the relationships that were portrayed on that show.
4. Brothers & Sisters - okay, maybe I shouldn't mention this one cause it really isn't all that relevant. I fell in love with it after seeing a promo that had it starting *big announcer voice* from the beginning! I enjoyed the characters & how it felt like a real family.
3. Medium - being a huge fan of Patricia Arquette and I really enjoyed the concept of this show, no matter how campy it may have been. Maybe that was the draw for me?
2. American Gothic - an idea that just never came across like it was meant to, or maybe it was just before its time. Sam Raimi was the exec producer. He's a horror king! I'm not sure why it failed, it was riveting & had an interesting story line. I have a thing for shows that have supernatural nuances in them.
1. I don't think it was a show, maybe more like a short. This desperately needs a comeback - School House Rock! I learned stuff from that show! Really learned & it's probably the only show I watched as a kid (besides Sesame Street & the Electric Company) that actually taught me things I really needed to know - especially since I was in school.
"Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong". - Dennis Miller
Write what you know, or what you feel. Just write.