Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Mornin'

& I feel fine.
Friday...I got travelin' on my mind.
First you love me, then you say it's wro-o-ong.

Had to break out in song. It's one of those mornings. I don't have them often. If you could see me, you'd laugh. I'm like Rocky before a fight. Dancing around, shaking my hands. Getting ready. Are you ready for this? I need to go back to work. Yep, after 11 years without a job - 14 without a permanent job (two months recruiting for the US Census was kind of cush), I have to go looking for one now.

So, where do I look? What should my plan of action be? I already applied for Wal-mart & Pizza Hut. I have experience at Pizza Hut. Never mind that I was in my teens. I'm setting off to Dollar General this morning. We shall see how things go. After so may year without a job, it's kinda scary. My skills, the few that I had, are far from polished. I am dead tired this morning & my stomach is a mess. It's probably because of the polish sausage & sauer kraut for dinner yesterday, or maybe the salsa I snacked on (onion don't always agree with me). I'm not sure, but it's unpleasant.

The last week in my life has been trying & stressful - probably more than any other thing I've gone through. I have to stay strong & try to figure everything out. I've spent too many years lying on my back with tons of bootprints on my forehead. Raise a glass & wish me the best.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for The Life and Crimes of a Mom